Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It happened...

In the car this morning, Mary Austin asked many of the hard questions that I do not have answers for like "who is my china mommy?" and "why can't I live with her in china?".
Answers were kept simple and related to God but I am still wondering if I gave the right answers and ones that she needed to hear.
Mary Austin has such an old soul. She seems to understand God more than her peers. Developmentally, she is not really supposed to be able to conceptualize Him but at times she can and does. In the end she seemed satisfied (for the moment) with my answers. She was quiet for some time and then said "Mommy, I know that she (her birth mother) is okay because God is with her always."
Yes, Mae, He is with all of us ALWAYS.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so happy we have this darling girl. E was just bragging on her cousin today in kindergarten. She is very proud to have a cousin from China! xoxoxo, LA

3 Peanuts said...

Oh I am afraid of this day....I am never sure if what I will say will be enough. Sounds like you handled it very well.

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping that I have a little more time before Mylee starts asking. I try to prepare what I am going to say but how can you. Glad the talk went well for you.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Thanks for sharing that there ARE questions that will be asked & need answered!! I think that God is a pretty reliable source when it comes to this tough stuff :=)

By the way, I am completely floored (AGAIN!!) by you & the princesses!! Seriously!! I could have cried at the sight of the beautiful gift you sent!! I am so blessed that you have decided to bless us again!!

Thank you, friend!

Love,
Sara

carrie said...

Tough questions indeed, but it sounds like you're already helping her through it perfectly. :)

That is a beautiful, beautiful photo of her.