On Delurking Day you are supposed to encourage all your readers
to come out of the woodwork and post a comment.
That would be great but I only have about 20 hits or so a day. Sometimes on a really good day upwards of 30. Now 10 of you are most likely family and about 3 hits are probably me getting my princess fix and another 1-2 are students on any given day. I also have 5 followers which I did not even realize until today. So that really only makes for about 3-8 lurkers.
This is cool since really the blog is my way to scrapbook as I am slackass in the scrapping department. Let's face it - all of Mae and Jane's memories before the blog are in a box. A box that has not been opened since we moved into this house 2 years ago.
But today I got a prize for "the worst gift you ever got" from Lawyer's Wife.
And I am to pay it forward, a nice gesture indeed.
So in honor of Delurking Day, Paying it Forward and celebrating over 10,000 visits to the Primrose Princesses I am having a contest.
To win the contest you have to delurk and post a comment about.....
"The best story/lie/BS excuse you have ever made up to get out of something"
How did I come up with this?
Yesterday, I was watching a show on Tru TV (truly mind stimulating - NOT) called The Principal's Office. The excuses and stories and bullshit coming out of the mouths of these 14-18 year olds was amazing and humorous. Seriously, did they actually think their respective principals would believe them? And then I thought "Wow, I think I may have told that tale a time or two!"
Now, your story does not need to be from high school. Nope can be that story you told about "your Aunt Mildred falling and no one to help her" to get out of sorority rush or the time you said your kids were sick to get out of the playdate from Hell. The best and most creative wins.
What do you win?
Not sure but it will be good!
I pinky swear it will NOT be a frozen chuckker!
So.....
So.....
and
Then leave me a comment with your story!
Now, I know you are thinking what was Julie's worst gift ever?
Must have been bad to win a happy.
You can be the judge....
My worst gift was from my grandmother - bless her heart - so I am not sure it counts but we still laugh about it! One Christmas not too long ago, I got a long bouquet of very fake and very plastic poinsettias. My mom, DH nor myself could figure out what I was supposed to do with it. My mom thought it was to be on a table runner on a dining room table. Tripp, well, he thought it should decorate the trashcan and then I read the box that it was wired into.
"Smith florals - beautifying your loved ones final resting place for 50 years." Oh yes, it was a floral arrangement for a headstone. And to top it all off - the plastic flowers were dusty like draw pictures on the petals dusty!
'Cuz you know nothing says Merry Christmas like some flowers for a headstone!

10 comments:
Well, I will have to start thinking! I haven't been reading any blogs lately----too tired, too much family, etc. But, now life is returning to normal so I am trying to get caught up.
When I can come up with my best excuse, I will be back!
Wow! She sounds just like *my* grandmother.
Love, LA xoxoxo
Laughing about the headstone flowers. I am not really delurking as you know I pop over here. Okay, I cannot lie or make up excuses ...it is the Catholic guilt. But I may have exaggerated an everyday headache into a migraine once (or twice) I do get migraines and they are bad...but sometimes I can function with a bad headache and I chose not to.
See, I feel guilty for even admitting that:)
Kim
I somehow found you months ago; naturally, I was charmed by your girls. One of my daughters is also named Mary Austin. Your M.A. is the only other one I've known.
My worst gift was from one of my students long ago. He gave me a Buddha figurine. Nothing against Buddha, but I didn't have much use for it!
Drop by my blog. You've won an award!
I adopted my daughter Rachel from Kunming, Yunnan, China July 25, 2004. She just turned 5 in November. I was in the October 2003 Smashing Pumpkins. I have been following your blog forever. It's cool to see the kids grow and change through the years. This is my blog. http://nancyed2003-whateverittakes.blogspot.com/
I am really bad at updating it.
I am a sometimes lurker. I don't get to see you very often, and enjoy seeing photos and reading about your adventures with your girls.
Casey
I'm not delurking, but I am laughing over your grandmothers gift. I want to know if you still have them?! lol
oh and I'm bummed I missed "National Blog Delurking Day'!!
Okay okay, so im a little late but i just thought i'd go ahead and let you know that i love stalking you and your beautiful family.
...better late than never, right?! :) haha
Post a Comment