Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Vacation high school

This week was Vacation Bible School. The girls had a blast but were worn out by Thursday. Thankfully, our church only does VBS for 4 days. No way that Jane (or myself) would have made it to Friday. (Note to self: Herding nine 3 and 4 year olds around for an intense 3 hours is best left to those in their 20's.)
Jane Harris for some reason called it vacation high school. Not sure why - maybe it was all the teen helpers we had but I do know that she certainly did not want to go to "plain old regular" school on Friday. That is, until I reminded her that the ice cream man comes on Fridays.
watching the skits

singing in Children's Chapel

eating a snack
this was the last day so they got S'mores.
we did not feed them sugar at snack every day!
Go Lead!

the stage is set!
Yes, I know there are many more pics of Jane but I taught her class.
Next year I will be teaching Mary Austin's class - see note to self above!


3 comments:

Nana said...

Girls, what fun that must have been. Can I go next year?!?!

LA said...

Precious! Love the purple tshirts. I have been wondering where you were this week. Forgot about "VHS". xoxoxo, LA

KK said...

I WISH it was VBS time here but we still have one more week of regular school--can you BELIEVE?!