Monday, August 9, 2010

Slipping through my fingers....

Mary Austin started first grade today.  It seems like just yesterday that we were here..

She was so tiny.  Just 12 pounds at 7 months.  I remember being terrified that I would not know what to do.
Now I feel like this..




She will be 7 in just a few months.  So grown up but still needing me and I plan to cherish every moment.  I have learned so much since Tripp was diagnosed in June.  I used to go through each day on autopilot and not savoring each and every minute.  Now that has all changed.  We have not asked about a prognosis because stats are just that stats.  I have seen them and I refuse to believe the numbers however I now seize every moment with my family to make a memory. 

Walking hand in hand to school!
Next year is your year Jane - 5K!

The traditional picture by the school sign!


Even though you started first grade today you will always be my baby mine. 
You are our first born and so special because you made us parents.
We love you!



Even when you are thirty I will still sing you our special song!

1 comment: