Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Little Sisters and being "first"

I was the "baby" of the family and distinctly remember not getting to do things "first".
Baby sisters ask "why can't I?" over and over. Moms find things that are unique to help even this out and make everything fair. My own mother still does this and stresses over everything being "fair" whether it is between my sister and myself or between her grandchildren.
Jane Harris is no exception. She can't take gymnastics since she isn't 3 and class falls at nap time. She can't take swim lessons because before the age of 4 the class are really just "get used to the water and not be afraid" and she is in love with water and swimming. She did not get to go to Disney World and on and on and on...
Until now.
Jane Harris, my darling girl, let it be known that you where indeed the first child in the Head family to be able to have pigtails at 2!!!
Something you can finally claim. Trust me, I am sure there will be more.
Let's just hope that those moments are good ones and not something like "the first to be sent to detention"!
Love,
Mommy
(who has the "fairness obsession" gene from Nana)

3 comments:

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

Yeah for Jane Harris - and she wears those two piggies quite well :D
Ladybug hugs,
;D

Kate said...

Oh as a second daughter, I have that fairness obsession gene too...hence the fact that I have a blog for both my girls even though my second probably won't be coming home from China for a few years!!!

Pigtails....beyond cute!!! She wears them well!!!

Kate

Football and Fried Rice said...

Many more firsts to come, Jane!! The piggies are my favorite!