Christmas started the day after Thanksgiving for us
with our annual trip to the Christmas Tree Farm!
We ended up with a Black Hills Spruce and
it was GI-NORMOUS!
There may or may not have been much discussion over the first tree being too small and I may or may not have asked the tree farm helper boy to unbale another one that was larger.
In my defense I will say that it looked much SMALLER in the wide open field.
***********************************************
On Mary Austin's birthday we made gingerbread houses.
Now before you get all impressed, I will admit to buying the premade $10 Wilton kit from Walmart. I HIGHLY recommend it!
We had tons of fun with none of the bad words
coming from Mommy's mouth that would have if I had to assemble said house.
Note: She had the same gumdrop topiaries that Mae does but somehow
they have disappeared over time!
*****************************************************
Jane Harris had a Christmas ballet party/recital.
It was low-key fun and we even got our first
Santa sighting!
At least she is in one!
*****************************************************
We also participated in the Posada at our church.
This is a Latin American tradition in which you "host" Mary and Joesph
for one night at your house.
Mary Austin kept asking where baby Jesus was.
************************************************************
We attended the children's service on Christmas Eve.
Both girls sang and it was very sweet.
I forgot my camera but
much to my delight on Christmas morning we discovered this
on the front page of our newspaper!
Mary Austin is in the top right corner andJane is on the same side just behind the little girl who is front and center!
We also had Mary Austin's birthday party and the school pagaent along with all the Christmas festivities! It is no wonder that I feel like I have been run over by a truck!
1 comment:
I love the tree!! Oh my. I can't imagine how tall it is in real life. Having Tripp beside it is enough of a guess. Wow. It never seems to fail that what you see in the field seems so small. Until you bring it home.
Love the gingerbread houses! I didn't have the strength for it this year (last years collapsed) so Katie did ours one day while Dave and I were out at lunch (by ourselves!).
It would be just like me to forget the proper leotard, soccer uniform, shirt, or something so don't feel bad. You are not alone!!
Post a Comment