Thursday, December 18, 2008

Merry Christmas from Dixie! Video Post

The princesses had their school holiday pageant, A Down Home Holiday, last Friday.

This will be Mary Austin's last pageant. We knew she was singing Christmas in Dixie by Alabama but had no idea of the costumes and theme. She was the cutest Asian Belle I have ever seen! It made her KA daddy and Phi Mu mommy so very proud! I quit filming so I could snap still shots so I missed the twirl she produced at the end!

Jane was the cutest red-headed cowgirl around. Her class sang Santa Claus is Coming to Town - Dolly Parton version. Now, I love me some Dolly. In fact, I have never seen her in concert and I really do not like big concerts but I would make an exception for Dolly. I still cannot listen to "Me and Little Andy" without sobbing. We were not sure that Jane Harris would go on stage. Unlike Mae, she is not one to be the center of attention. She did go on stage and even sang in between picking her nose and "sweeping her hair" away from her eyes! (We have since gotten a haircut.)


3 comments:

KK said...

"And maybe down in Memphis, Graceland's all in lights..." that song always makes me teary-eyed and that video is THE CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! Do you know how lucky you are that your girls were in a CHRISTMAS pageant and that MA was dressed like Southern Belle's singing a real true CHRISTMAS song by the country group Alabama, nonetheless?! As I spend this "Holiday" season in CT where you don't dare say "Merry Christmas" because you may offend someone, I am soooo jealous! The Southern Belle costumes just send me over the edge!!! I am happy for you and your girls though--what memories!!!! P.S. We may come spend next December at your house!

Kristin said...

How fun!! Our schools don't do anything like this. My hat is off to the teachers in charge. Wow!

Anonymous said...

Jim R. has been singing "Christmas in Dixie" for 24 hours now after watching this!