Monday, March 23, 2009

Mondays with Mae - by Mommy

Surgery on Thursday.
On Thursday Mary Austin will be having surgery to remove the vascular tumor that has invaded the soft tissue around her right eye. We had been on a conservative course until it exploded in growth 5 weeks ago. We saw our very sweet ocular plastic surgeon twice and since there had been no change and her vision had decreased in that eye the decision was made to go in and "debulk" it. We will now know for sure if it is a lymphangioma, a hemangioma or a mix of both. I am praying for hemangioma or mixture as it will not come back if it is one of these. Lymphangiomas unfortunately do grow back and there is a good chance that this is what she has. Once I assured Mae that we were no taking out her eyeball she has seemed to relax however as time draws nearer I am nervous.
Please pray that He will be in the OR with the MDs, nurses and Mae and guide them and keep her safe, that I will have the strength and peace to hand her over to the OR staff on Thursday am, and that she will not be afraid and will heal quickly.

3 comments:

lora and stephen said...

Julie - I will be praying this week, especially on Thursday.

KK said...

Sending prayers and get well wishes your way!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, sweet baby! How did I miss this?? I am so sorry!!!