Kindergarten has started!
Yesterday while packing her lunch I had a tiny breakdown.
Where did the time go and why didn't I slow down long enough to absorb everything in?
I am forgetting things that she has done or said? I hope not!
This morning she was so excited! She seemed so tiny compared to the other children.
We walked her all the way to her classroom but by the end of the week she will be doing this by herself.
Once I got home I started to worry... What if someone is mean to her? What if they tease her about not looking like her parents, her clothes, her lunchbox her.......
What if the girls who have been in mother's day out together don't ask her to play?
Please pass the Xanax, tums and a stiff margarita!
Its going to be a long day!
UPDATE: walking home from school
Mary Austin: "mom it was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! We had so much FUN!!!!"
Mommy: "Did you sit with anyone new at lunch?" silently thinking please let her say yes please don't let her be the one to sit all by herself at the table
Mary Austin: "oh yes! Mollie Patton she has 2 names like me and Lily. They liked my lunchbox and I told them how to say things in Chinese"
Mommy: "I am so glad you had a great day"
Thank you Lord for giving her a great first day and forgive her for teaching those little girls random words that they think are Chinese!
1 comment:
Julie,
Mary Austin is so beautiful and WOW is she growing up fast! So is little Jane....and so are my little ones. I still remember you being with us at VH when we saw Olivia's picture for the first time. What a special time that was for all of us! I miss you!
Hugs from Texas! Write me sometime!!
Love,
Jan
Post a Comment