So once a month I work on my old unit to keep up my clinical skills and it is easier to keep up my clinical instructor status at the hospital if I work there. On the weekends that I work Tripp usually takes the princesses to the lake. This weekend was no different.
He called on the way home to inform me that he and the girls had to stop to let Mary Austin go to the potty. This is the story:
Tripp "Well we have stop at McDonalds to let Mary Austin tee-tee."
Me: "okay"
Tripp: We are waiting because someone is in the only stall potty in the men's room."
Me: "oh that's right you can't take her in the womens"
(Darling, I completely forgot that since you are a man you cannot traipse into the women's bathroom with her. So So sorry!"
Tripp: "It shouldn't be much longer and then we will be on our way"
Twenty minutes later I get another call from Tripp....
Tripp: "you are never going to believe this"
Me: "hmm"
Tripp: "there was no one in the stall but it was locked so we had to pack back up in the car and drive 50 yards to Captain D's"
Me: "oh no"
(I cannot even remember when I was ever in a Captain Ds so I have no clue what the bathrooms would be like...until now...)
Tripp: "I mean, what does it take to find a clean bathroom in America? This bathroom only had one stall and it had TURDS all in the toilet and urine (he actually said another word) all over the seat. I had to flush it like 5 times and there were still remnants in the bowl and clean off the p*ss. Then I held her up over the bowl. While I was doing that Jane was heading for the toilet brush and saying 'oooo what's this what's this" all the while I am screaming "DON'T TOUCH IT!! DON'T TOUCH IT!!" And some guy in there is just laughing at me."
Me: HYSTERICALLY LAUGHING at this point
Moral: If you are going to send the daddy with the potty trained princess then be sure he has one of these so your princess will not have to use one of these...

5 comments:
LOL - Dan keeps a Princess Potty in the trunk! He has sets her in the hatch and she does her business - Tipp is brave - there is no way that Dan is taking Li Li into the men's room - but the funny thing is that he will take the potty bowl in to flush and clean out! So funny :D
Ladybug hugs,
;D
We actually just traveled home from AL after a few days in Gulf Shores-----and Dave refused to take the girls to the mens room for some of the same reasons! So I was stuck taking them myself (as sunburned as I was----heck, I couldn't even bend over!!) So, I totally feel Tripp's pain but enjoyed many giggles over your story!
Oh What a story!! Did you immediately purchase the on the go pottY?? That is so gross! I notice that 99% of Wal-marts have the nastiest bathrooms ever. Like, WHO does what happens in there?? Ughhhhhh....I gotta go & clean my bathroom!
I wrote a post on my blog and will donate 50% of my next blog makeover to your for the March of Dimes.
I think it's great that you're doing this!
I am constantly screaming while in public bathrooms "don't touch a thing". "Everything is filthy". As my girls are touching and crawling all over the floor. Only to come out and have a line of people looking at me as if I'm totally insane. If I could I'd just let the girls take a dump in the front yard of most places. There at least I know there would be no dirty bowl! lol.
Post a Comment