April 26th will be an important day for us! We will be walking for the March of Dimes. The princesses and I will be walking locally with a team of my nursing students and Tripp will be walking with some of our dear friends who have suffered the tragic loss of 2 sets of twins due to premature birth.
Every time I look at my princesses I think about what miracles they are. I mean who would have guessed that thousands of miles a way someone would choose the perfect child for us.
Then after being told that pregnancy would not happen "without serious medical intervention" (a road we were not willing to travel down) I discovered I was pregnant. Even more miraculous was that the baby was healthy and I was able to carry her for 35 weeks. Jane spent the first week of her life in NICU and we were lucky. It was humbling and a bit embarrassing to have a 6 pound 12 ounce baby in NICU while moms just bed spaces away held the hands of their teeny tiny babies and prayed for just one more miracle.
April 26th we will walk in thankfulness for those who care for these babies and make miracle happen everyday for their families. We will also walk in memory of those who were too little to make it. Our hope is that one day no parent will have to suffer such a loss.
I say thank you to those of you who have donated to my fundraising goal. Hopefully the money raised can help those to come, those who have not traveled down this road and one day keep many from traveling down the road of premature births.
Jane Harris and Daddy on her day of discharge - all 5 pounds and 15 ounces of her!
Jane Harris - 2 1/2 years oldEaster Sunday 2008
3 comments:
Absolutely a miracle. JH is lovely...love that new baby pic with Daddy!
Oh, beautiful Jane Harris! I love the work of the March of Dimes...
Post a Comment