Monday, February 16, 2009

So grown-ey..

I took this picture this Fall during a weekend in the country. When I saw it I thought Mae looked so grown up in it. I never really thought she was "grown-ey" until Friday when she drove off with my neighbor and 2 friends to go see Hotel for Dogs.
As I walked back inside with tears in my eyes,
it hit me that in another 5 years she will be
going to movies with friends, having sleepovers and giggling about nonsense.
I stepped back into the house, folded up her blankie and let her go
from a pre-schooler to a big (little) girl.

3 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Uggh. I have decided as excited as I am for Mya to be old enough for an American Girl Doll - at the same time, I hope the day never comes!!!!!!

Nana said...

You are my precious big girl now. I love you Mary Austin!

LA said...

I went to see Hotel for Dogs, too, Mary Austin! - Elizabeth