We had a great time at Camp Cosby! I went to serve as one of the camp nurses for the week and Mary Austin got to come with me. We were worried about how she would do but true to form she was a trooper. When we drove into camp and passed under the sign she said "oh mommy, I am so excited I think balloons may burst out of my head!" She LOVED it in part because she was with "growny" girls as in 7 and 8. Her cabin was Natchez and everyday they did fun things like ride horses, swim, and arts and crafts with the Pathfinder boys. Her favorite was horses and the blob in the lake (a big jumping blow up thing). She performed in the talent show by doing a round-off and charmed the CITS. Every time I saw her she was riding on someone's back! By the end of the week she was worn out as was I! Being camp nurse is a 24 hour duty job kind of like being a mom but to nearly 200 kids + counselors!
We can't wait to go back!
Mary Austin with her cabin and counselors.
Counselors L to R: Maddie, John and Stephie



1 comment:
I want to go to camp too!!! I love the log cabin & bunk beds!! Take me next year :)
Post a Comment