Saturday, July 4, 2009

We spent the 4th...

outdoors in the North Carolina mountains!
We explored waterfalls
and
braved the extremely frigid waters of
Sliding Rock!
Jane would not turn around for the camera.
We were kind of high up and she is afraid of heights.
Jane Harris, Mommy is so very sorry that you got this fear from me!
I promise it will get better but you will most likely never skydive!
Mae on the other hand has no fears!
Except monsters and "bad guys".

Mae and I going down Sliding Rock.

Tripp and Jane at the top

at the bottom about to plunge into very cold water.
I think I remember the sign saying the water temp was 55-60 degrees.
Trying to catch their breath at the bottom!
Jane Harris loved it and wanted to go again; Mary Austin notsomuch!

1 comment:

Nana said...

I will never forget my trip down sliding rock!