Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Please vote!!!!

Jenny Bowen, Executive Director, of Half the Sky is in a contest to run with the Olympic torch. If she wins she will run along with 8 children from 8 different SWI in China. What a wonderful thing for nor only all of our Chinese daughters and sons but for those who are left behind.
Please take a moment to read the message below from her, vote and visit Half the Sky to see all the amazing things they do for our Chinese children!! Also, pass this on to everyone you know so that we can make a difference!
Thanks and with love,
Tripp, Julie, Mary Austin & Jane Harris
From Jenny:
Hello again-
Our volunteers in Wuhan had a great idea. It may be possible for some
of our Half the Sky children to carry the Olympic torch next year. I've entered a contest sponsored by the China Daily Newspaper and, if
I can get enough votes from citizens all over the world, I may be able to have that honor. If it happens, I will run with 8 children from 8 orphanages in China. Believe me, I am no runner. But I would dearly love to give the children a place at the party.
Please take a moment and vote for me right now
We need a LOT of votes. Please pass this on to your friends and family.
Thanks and love,
Jenny
Jenny Bowen
Executive Director
Half the Sky Foundation
Half the Sky was created in order to enrich the lives and enhance the prospects for orphaned children in China. We establish and operate infant nurture and preschool programs, provide personalized learning for older children and establish loving permanent family care and guidance for children with disabilities. It is our goal to ensure that every orphaned child has a caring adult in her life and a chance at a bright future.
Want to receive our free Half the Sky newsletter, full of stories and photos, via regular mail?
Just go to our website www.halfthesky.org and click on "Join our Mailing List."

5 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

Julie,

I will certianly go vote.

Kim

3 Peanuts said...

GOSH...I stink at typing.... certainly!

Me

Lori said...

I voted! Thanks for making it so easy!! :)

Anonymous said...

I will vote. wouldn't this be awesome!

PS I have a new blog to protct our privacy, but I hope you will recognize my princess from the last blog:)!

"Meredith Teagarden"

insanemommy said...

I already voted.