Friday, February 22, 2008

Chinese New Year 2008

Better late then never, I have finally had enough down time to put up some of my favorite CNY pictures! We are now in the Year of the Rat! At first Mae did not want to go and told me to get a babysitter for her. Well, she went and once there had a ball!
This was the conversation on the way home:
Mae: "Jane, I am Chinese"
Jane: "me too"
Mae: "No, Jane"
Mommy: "Jane you are English/Irish/Scottish American and Mae you are Chinese American"
Jane: "I'm Irish"
Mae: "I'm Chinese"
Mommy: "you are both sisters"
Princesses: "oh"
Mae: "What is Cinderella?"
Jane: "princess"
Sisters intent on their craft project!
Chopsticks + noodles = hard work!
I love love love this picture!
All black haired beauties with the lone red head!
Plus, what adorable tushies!

Mae and her Chinese sisters!

Kung Hei Fat Choi!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture too. There is that gorgeous red hair right in the middle of it all. How blessed she will be to have such exposure to another beautiful culture! The princesses are lucky girls :)!

Nikki said...

Hi! I got your beautiful bow in the mail and wanted to say thank you! This is my first time here...Your blog is gorgeous, as are your two girls!
Have a great weekend, and thank you again for the bow. Lily loves it!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

They are so perfect together. If only the whole world could be as sweet and simple as these little beauties.....

Football and Fried Rice said...

You can't deny that seeing Miss Jane's red head in there is absolutely precious!! I **love** their conversation:) True enough Cinderella isn't Chinese or Irish or American is she? She's "just a princess"!!

3 Peanuts said...

We're all princesses!