Saturday, March 29, 2008

Morocco - Part I

What can I say about Morocco? One word - AMAZING!! We had a great time and got tons of information. Due to the private nature of the officials and most importantly to protect the children I will not discuss any details of what we did.
I HIGHLY recommend Morocco as one of those "need to see before you die" countries. The sounds, sights and smells were intoxicating and overwhelming to the senses all in one! It reminded me of China in that way.
The people were all very gracious and generous and welcomed us warmly. We were in several cities while there including Fes, Meknes, Ain Lieuh and Azrou. The country is very beautiful - where else can you go from tropical (Casablanca) to mountains (Azrou) to desert (Marrakesh)?
We did not explore Casa - only the airport - nor did we get to Marrakesh and I definitely want to go back to see these 2 cities!
Entrance to the Medina in Meknes
Market in Meknes - from the top of a cafe that we ate lunch in.
All over there were beautiful fountains and water faucets like this one. People would take their cups and get a drink of water from them. Like our water fountains only much much prettier!
Downtown Meknes as seen from our hotel room!

3 comments:

insanemommy said...

I don't know where the heck I've been that I haven't been to your site!! Your site is one of my most favorites. Ok, I won't ask details, but WHY were you in Morroco? Va-kay?? I'm with you though one of those places you must see before you pass to the other life.

Football and Fried Rice said...

WOW - downtown looks very crisp & clean. No sign of any monkeys......

LucisMomma said...

Morrocco is lovely! I love the shoes, too.

Disney World's Epcot Morrocco has a fountain just like that one in this post. Funny how they get details right.

Glad you got to go! Was it business or missions, I missed that part of why you went.