Somewhere along the way, I noticed that people were recording things that their children have said and I thought this was a good idea. Now normally EVERYTHING that comes out of the princess' mouths is PRECIOUS but here were 2 that I just could not resist!
Jane's Ponderings:
Mae: "Jane if you don't buckle your carseat then the police will get you."
Mommy: "umm yes that is right Jane so we need to buckle up"
Mae: (repeats above in bossier tone, if that is possible!)
Mommy: "Jane lets go; buckle up"
Jane: "Okay"
Jane: "Where you gonna find me? In jail if i don't?"
Mae: "Yes, Jane!"
Mae's Musings:
Let me do a quick side bar and say that our musical taste runs the gamete from folk to rock to country to classical and even Grateful Dead. On Sirius satellite there is now an all Grateful Dead channel that we sometimes listen to. Mae has heard it from a young age and can now recognize that classic Grateful Dead melody.
Today was really warm and sunny and the girls played outside for a while.
At one point Mary Austin looked up at me and said
"Mommy today is really just a Grateful Dead kind of day."
I can only assume that Tripp has said this to her before!


6 comments:
OMG - that is too funny!
Ladybug hugs,
;D
Hilarious. Yesterday E told me that I "needed to forgive Sadie". Who wet on the new carpet. Easter photo is BEAUTIFUL. So happy you are home safely. xoxo LA
Sounds just like something daddy would say here at our house!! Aren't daddies and four year olds so much fun??
Oh, out of the mouths of babes! Isn't it classic to use the age old threat of the police & jail - we use that for a lot of things at our house :)
Those are great!
Priceless!
Post a Comment