Friday, July 20, 2007

One last look at 3 years ago.........






Top pictures are referral pictures
Bottom pictures from left to right
Typical Mary Austin smile - home 1 week July 2004
Visit to Qingyuan SWI July 2004
There's no place like HOME!
Now we have been home 3 years today, July 20, 2007
I still remember the HUGE group of people waiting on us when we arrived home and how I made everyone wait while I changed her into her tiny "homecoming dress". How everyone was standing at the railing in the airport as we went down the escalator. How everyone ahead of us from the plane were saying how precious she was. We must have been in the baggage claim for 45 minutes or longer but it seemed like just 10. I remember everyone that was there - our families, friends our FCC friends - like the Henderson who were still waiting for Lily and the Hatches who had just come home!. (Thanks Margaret for letting us borrow that purple backpack! It has been to China more than any of us)

I remember getting in the car and sitting in the backseat while Laurie, my SIL, drove. And even though she was driving perfectly I remember thinking "Oh please do not let us wreck with MA in the car"! I remember how all of our neighbors and even more friends were outside in the street cheering when we drove up. . All the balloons and the precious Welcome Home Mary Austin sign.

I remember how thankful I was to be home. To drink water from the tap, take a shower without having to worry about getting water in my mouth, to eat veggies (yummy green bean bundles and Ceasar salads with home grown tomato sandwiches.

I remember bathing MA and putting her in her tiny pjs from the Gap - they had laundry hanging on them.

I remember (and continue to feel) how blessed I was, how alive I felt even though I had not slept in over 48 hours and how happy I was to be a mother.

2 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

What a nice look at that day you came home. I felt like I was there with you!

Kim

insanemommy said...

This is beautiful! I too remember. It's something we never will forget......nor would we want to. What a journey it's been and we've just begun.