The princesses and I went today (in between football games) to get them some new shoes. They are growing out of their sandals and needed some new school shoes!
Did I mention I am not ready for them to grow up!???!!!
Well, I got a taste of what the tween years will be like in our house. I walked over to the Keds to get them both a pair and was asking Mae if she wanted T-strap or laces and she promptly responded
"Mommy, those are for babies!"
So Mae got some pink, white and silver Merells that I approved. I am glad we found a pair that we agreed on as her first choice was a pair with rhinestones all over them. And while rhinestones can be a good thing they are not for school as their school has some specific rules on shoes.
And, Jane, got the T-strap Keds.
Sigh...I wonder if she will buck the Keds next year too?
7 comments:
OMG ~ I LOVE the Merells! Where did you get them? I would love to get some for LiLi! So cute :D
I am so with you on not wanting the girls to grow up too fast. Both girls had a growth spurt and we had to go out and buy new shoes as well. Mia wanted some crocs and we got some mary janes for her. She wanted some heels! She's so like her mommy :0) Thanks goodness my little Mylee is still wearing her Keds. I can't wait to see pictures of the Princess & Pirates party! Mia's princess party for her 5th birthday is in a couple of weeks and I can't wait.
Love the shoes! And the pom-pom socks "mommy used to wear"....did they go out of style and I didn't know?! :D
(I still wear these) :0
Told you I was 10 years older...
So cute! So young and she already knows what she's looking for in a shoe. You're in for it.... ;)
I like Jane's little shoes (even if they are for babies).
I second your not wanting the girls to grow up to quickly. But boy are they! Katie and Abbey have literally grown right out of their summer sandels. It's time to go shoe shopping again! Boy does that hit the ole' pocketbook. Of course if I would just buy them each one pair of shoes instead of 5, well we'd be ok. I'm a bit OCD. Lol.
I got the merells at this place here called Sikes. I still have the box and I will post the style tonight.
And I have to go back and get 6 more pairs of pom pom socks as I have been notified that she "really only wants to wear this kind". Can you believe she said this? Well, don't answer that. Of course she said this; she is my child!
I tagged you for a meme :)
Post a Comment