Saturday, December 8, 2007

THE Birthday Gift!!!

Before the gift is opened!
Is it what you think?
OOOHHHH!! It is! It is!
American Girl Doll - Julie
Mae and Julie!
Julie is the new American Girl Doll. Her best friend is Ivy Ling, a Chinese American girl. I tried to get Mae to pick her but she wanted Julie with her long "sparkly" hair.
(Side bar: I bought Ivy and put her up for another occasion.)
Just so you know..Julie and Ivy are growing up in the 1970's and they meet when Julie's parents divorce and Julie and her mother move to an apartment above her mother's store. Julie comes with accessories including a groovy suede bag. Inside that bag was a dime. As Tripp was reading the info that comes along with it he looked at me with raised eyebrows and said
"she's from the '70's and comes with a dime bag??!!!?!"
Nice.

5 comments:

Danielle Moss said...

SO CUTE!!!

My little sisters had these dolls. Shelby picked Josefina Montoya strictly because she had pierced ears, so I figure sparkly hair makes sense, too. Love that you also bought the Chinese doll!

My friend and I went into the American Girl store a few weeks ago (I had never seen one). It was amazing. Every little girl's dream. Do you have one nearby? You can take your doll to lunch. They even have a hair salon for dolls. It's a bit much, but it was very sweet.

I am so glad we were able to talk tonight. You are just as sweet as I knew you would be :)

I know it was short so if you find that you have some free time and would like to chat, I now have a fairly open schedule. See? There are benefits to not working. And we have free mobile to mobile.

Danielle

3 Peanuts said...

What a great gift! I cannot wait for Kate to be old enough for American Girls.

Kim

insanemommy said...

Oh, man I just stepped a way for a minute and the girls grew up. You must be so proud of your sweet little angels.

Happy Holidays.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Laughing.Out.Loud. Funny stuff!! I was a product of the 70s myself!! I LOVE American girl dolls and I want to say that I will wait until a.) we have our daughter & b.) she's old enough for them...but I kinda want one for myself!!

Is your husband deployed in Afghanistan? I just noticed that "someone" in your family is there!

Consider this your invitation to come see US next time you are in Colorado!!

Sara :)

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Another birthday! Happy birthday, Sweetie. Your choice is super. Julie is a beautiful girl, too...