Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Primrose Pincesses' Birthday Party!



This year I decided to combine the princesses' birthday parties into one huge
Princess and Pirate blow-out!
The party was last weekend and we had a blast!
The weather was perfect and everyone had a great time meeting Cinderella, Belle, Ariel and Aurora as well as Pirate Tripp and Pirate Jeff. The girls that were the princesses are some of my nursing students and they did a fabulous job! All the little girls were amazed by them and the boys loved playing with the pirates!
That night after Jane was in bed we were talking to Mae and reliving the day. When we asked her if she was so excited that THE PRINCESSES came to see her on her big day she replied
"Mommy, (in a tone that was truly patronizing) you know they were just babysitters in costumes, right?"
Yes, my nearly 4 year old was not quite tricked into believing that the "real live" princesses came but she does still believe and is still excited to meet "the true real live" princesses when we journey to the mecca land in January of 2008!

7 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Great idea for a b.day party. She is so sensible and wise. It will be so different in the home of the Princesses. Even I was in awe of the beauty of the 'real' princesses. She will be thrilled by the whole thing!

Anonymous said...

What a great party! Looks like alot of fun was had by all :0)

Danielle Moss said...

I love these photos! You went all out!!! Mae with the princesses - too cute!

Now the really important thing - what color flats did you get? ;)

Ladybug Hugs 4 U said...

What an amazing party! I may have to steal your idea in January :D

I will e-mail you over the weekend about tea and shopping - I am so excited that you are thinking about coming!

Ladybug hugs,
;D

Lori said...

Bummer! And you spent all that money ....LOL
That's so funny!! I think I would have been surprised if my daughter said that....I guess they are SO much smarter than we give them credit for sometimes!
What a wonderful party, it looks like it was a magical day, and I'm sure a special day they will be able to look back on and smile! :) Great job mom!

Anonymous said...

This party is MAGICAL! So sad I could not be there. I want some cake. This minute. xoxo, LA

J'Alberson said...

What a FANTASTIC idea!- Looks like a truly special day, I wish so much that we lived closer and could be there, hope we can see you soon!
Love, JLA