Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Mae and Mulan

We went to several Character meals including Cinderella's Royal Table for lunch and Storybook Princesses for breakfast the next day. We had a repeat of most princesses except Mulan. It was really important to me for Mary Austin to get to meet Mulan and spend time with her so I am glad we did the 2 meals. Mary Austin was in awe of Mulan and she spent over 5 minutes with Mary Austin instead of the 2-3 minutes that the rest did. Mulan was so sweet to Mae and the interaction between them had me in tears. I do not know why this was so important to me; perhaps because there is a part of Mary Austin's past that I will never be able to give back to her. We went to China in Epcot's World Showcase later that day and found Mulan again along with Mushu. It was the same Mulan from that morning and she remembered Mary Austin and even asked her where her dress was. I do not know who was "playing" Mulan but whoever she is I owe her a thank you!

6 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

Oh that melts my heart! have teary eyes here. How special for Mae!!! You can tell that Mulan felt a special fondness of her. I can see it in her expressions. I cannot WAIT to do this with Kate someday:)

Kim

Kristin said...

Mulan looks like the same one we met too while at Epcot! She was so sweet with the girls. My girls were not as friendly as Mae was though! Both hung back a bit. But when we met up with Mulan again about two hours later, she remembered them, took the time to stop and talk again as well as take more pictures. I thought it was really sweet of her. I am so glad you all had a great time!!! We may go again next January--
Kristin

Anonymous said...

Priceless. Just priceless. I am so happy to watch these photos. Love, LA

Football and Fried Rice said...

I, too, can't wait to meet Mulan!!!! Love the pictures!!!!

insanemommy said...

The pictures are precious. I can't wait to Take Kate and Abbey. I'm hoping for next year. I think I'll be ready. *wink*

LucisMomma said...

That made me cry! We are going in Oct, when Luci turns 4. I sure hope she's not still scared of the characters by then. Where was the Storybook Princess breakfast? I want Luci to meet Mulan, too. I know we'll do Cinderella's dinner. But we've *got* to see Mulan.

Oh, I love that she got to help dress Cinderella--what a trip you all had!!