Chinese New Year season is about to begin. This year is the Year of the Rat Mary Austin's class studied CNY last week. they made paper lanterns, dragons and read several stories. Mary Austin got to wear her jade bracelet to school and took her framed Chinese name to show all her friends. They ended the unit with a parade! Have I said how much I LOVE her school and how sad it will be next year when she "graduates"?

8 comments:
Looks like fun! Glad we could catch up today. Loved listening to Jane. She is too cute.
How cute was that?!
That is so sweet!
Kim
Your school rocks! Love you all so much, LA
That is so cool. I used to teach HeadStart ( for nearly 20 years ).I retired in 1992. We never did anything so cool, but if I were still there, I konw we would now. I have been so touched by all the adoption blogs I read and by my Sara's journey for their Mya.
Thanx for sharing.
I love that paper dragon!! How precious:)
I love that dragon!!
Can I copy your year of the rat pic at the top of the post? What do the symbols mean (year of the rat?)?
thanks, susan
Lucismommy -
Yes you can use my rat picture! I actually have no idea what the characters mean. I googled the picture.
Julie
Post a Comment