Born December 8, 2003
Quingyuan, Guangdong
Adopted July 12, 2004
Guangzhou, Guangdong
People's Republic of China
And re-adopted November 12th, 2008
Alabama
Now when you are 16 you can get your drivers license with an English birth certificate and know that while it may have taken your slacker parents 4.5 years to "domesticate" your adoption, we love you more than life!
Yes, we finally got around to that last step. Some states require you to do this in a timely manner but not Alabama as long as both parents were present during the adoption in China.
The above picture was Mae's announcement photo. I tried to scan the announcement but I could not figure out how to fuzz out our last name!
The court date was just a formality. Of course Mae was all dressed up in her Easter dress and the jewelry I let her wear on "special occasions". She sat quietly while the judge made her statements for the record. Tripp was our attorney and I tried not to cry.
Then the judge asked Mae where she was going to school next year and she sweetly looked up and said
"Where my momma votes."
And she was correct; I vote at the elementary school she will attend next fall.
Where has the time gone?

4 comments:
oh.be.still.my.beating.heart.
Mae's announcement picture is gorgeous! She is so precious & growing up so fast!!
What a beautiful picture! And I'm SO glad to read that we are not the only ones who are slow to do the domestication....we've had Joe for nearly 6 years and haven't done his yet.
~Lynn
I remember receive that picture in the mail and thinking she was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen -
Much love, Ashley
Where my momma votes. How cute is that?? Hard to believe it's been that long since she came to you.
Love the announcement picture!!
Post a Comment