Saturday, August 4, 2007

Evergreen wildlife

Tripp and I love the mountains and even went to Highlands, NC for our honeymoon. However, those mountains and these mountains are entirely different! I had been to Denver once before but stayed in the city. Several time I caught myself thinking, "now I could really live here"; but, then I remembered how bad I am about snow and the cold and how far we would be from our families.
Below are some pictures of the beauty of Evergreen and some wildlife!
Our last night (the one that Mary Austin and were chilly on) we ate outside at a restaurant on a public golf course. During dinner elk decided to come down and join us. In the foreground of the above picture is a "Christmas" tree. Mary Austin was amazed and delighted to find out where "Christmas" trees come from! (Actually ours come from NC but that is a moot point)
The entire elk herd

Amazing country that we live in!


A beaver.

Now, we have beavers here in Alabama but I was still on the high of seeing elk and got a little camera happy!

1 comment:

3 Peanuts said...

Beautiful photos. It looks like you had a really nice time:)

Kim