Mary Austin told Tripp and me last night that her heart would not be "fulfilled" until she had a baby brother! What a hoot! I mean where does she get these things???!! Especially the word "fulfilled" To her utter disappointment we advised her that her heart may remain unfulfilled for a while! And, if and when, we have another child she may get a sister and not a brother. But in her 3 year old mind (or maybe 30 year old mind) she will be getting a baby brother because, of course, she already has a baby sister! This is also the same child that told me she had the prettiest dress at Sunday school when I asked her what she had learned ! Evidently this is what one of her teachers told her and she took this one point with her. Nada about God's love.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Mary Austin's heart
Mary Austin told Tripp and me last night that her heart would not be "fulfilled" until she had a baby brother! What a hoot! I mean where does she get these things???!! Especially the word "fulfilled" To her utter disappointment we advised her that her heart may remain unfulfilled for a while! And, if and when, we have another child she may get a sister and not a brother. But in her 3 year old mind (or maybe 30 year old mind) she will be getting a baby brother because, of course, she already has a baby sister! This is also the same child that told me she had the prettiest dress at Sunday school when I asked her what she had learned ! Evidently this is what one of her teachers told her and she took this one point with her. Nada about God's love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Lol. I know in the last week I've heard "that's dangerous" and "beautiful". They crack me up..
How funny. Looks like she's going to be needing a brother. You wouldn't want her heart to remain un-fulfilled :)
How old is she again? She is GOOD. Smart girl. She's going to give you a run for your money, although I think she already kind of is. She's funny!
Julie,
Sounds like she needs a brother. Another girl may be too much competition for her! Ha!
your girls are so cute!
Jennifer (mom to Lily and Kate)
The things they say! So adorbale. Better get working on that!
Kim
Post a Comment