
Usually this blog is just about the princesses; however, today I have some thoughts that do not include them. (Amazing isn't it??!!) Danielle has a great top 10 list that she does and on her last one she mentioned how great Katie Holmes has looked lately. She is right about that. Katie does look great but the way Tom Cruise and his "handlers" treat her creeps me out. Why, I wondered would this precious, beautiful girl during her 20's want to all of the sudden be married to him? What do they have in common? Why would she put up with a 24-7 chaperon when he is not around? Now, part of me wanted them to be "real". Maybe they are in love. Maybe they have LOTS in common. I do not know them. BUT, I did see something on one of my favorite TV channels, VH1, that put it all into perspective. Katie and Tom's pre-nup gives her a cool $3 mil for every year that they are married and an even cooler $25 per biological child that they have together. It is all making sense now and if I were her I would be throwing away all forms of contraceptive!!!
This now brings me to my other favorite topic - reality TV. And like a true addict I must admit that I LOVE IT! Not all of it but certain shows. I do not know why at my age I am enthralled by The Hills and The Real World (although Denver sucked a$$ and I quit watching). I LOVE all of VH1's shows - they just did a great countdown on 80's music! And I am fascinated by The Girl's Next Door (really? you like having sex with an 80+ year old man??) Little People, Big World and A&E's classic, Gene Simmons Family Jewels. Now perhaps because I have to think all day at work and this is my little escape but I really do not have an explanation. But since they are not illegal, they will just remain my dirty little secret!
4 comments:
We would be GREAT tv buddies. My boyfriend and I watch Gene Simmons Family Jewels. My little sister went to camp with Sophie. I love the Hills, hated the Denver Real World, watch Little People Big World...
The whole Tom Cruise Katie Holmes thing is creepy. Really creepy. But what I wouldn't do for her wardrobe. ;)
Now the real question...are you a Grey's Anatomy fan?
Would you like me to edit your blog for you? I recently edited Leslie's blog, and I'd be happy to edit yours too.
Laughing my arse off. Me too. I love "Girls next door"! Hubby and I can't (yeah, yeah, I know he is drooling) tear ourselves from it. Tooo funny!
Tom Cruise creeps me out, but so does Katie...
F-u-n-n-y! I followed "LC" into the Hills too...and to think I wasn't the only "old enough to be their parents" one watching!
New series tonight! See ya there! :)
Post a Comment