Saturday, August 4, 2007

DENVER FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The next few posts will be all about Denver and the fun Mary Austin and I had with the Parkers! If you do not know the story go here to read how we are all related! It was our first "mother-daughter" trip and will not be our last! I cannot wait until the girls are old (and independent) enough for us all to go together! Jane stayed behind this trip as there was no way to travel with the both of them by myself.
The weather could not have been better! It was not hot or humid! Our last night Mary Austin and I were even a little bit chilly. We did okay with the altitude change with only some minor headaches and some asthma-like symptoms for Mary Austin. The Parkers live about 45 minutes outside of Denver in Evergreen. They are at 7500 feet above sea level.
Our travels went off with only 2 minor glitches. The first day I backed up the rental car into some rocks causing some "minor" damage to the rear bumper (this was only about 2 hours after I had turned down the supplement insurance) and on the way home we were delayed in Atlanta for nearly 4 hours. Mary Austin traveled like a pro, loved the airplane and "fancy" rental car and even thanked 2 soldiers in the airport.

No comments: