Monday, August 11, 2008

Chicago - Kiddieland

One of our days in IL was spent at IKEA (for the mommies) and Kiddieland (for the girls however the mommies had just as much fun).
Kiddieland is a vintage amusement park that is small and doable in about 2 hours. It had rained that morning but was sunny by the time we arrived. Since it had rained it was pretty much empty - meaning no real waiting in lines. Kiddieland is mostly made up of small rides and only has a handful that adults can even ride. The ones that Leigh Anne and I could ride were ones that we loved as children like Tilt-A-Whirl, The Scrambler, Mini-Dipper (small roller coaster), a Log Ride and more!
She and I had so much fun reliving our childhoods and seeing how much fun Mae and Liz had together. We rode the Tilt-A-Whirl 4 times and the roller coaster at least 3.
Overall it was a very fun day!




Disclaimer: I am petrified of heights. Therefore, I opted out of the pirates ship and ferris wheel and anything else that was too high. Leigh Anne neglected to tell me about the drop on the log ride until it was too late but I was a trooper and rode it twice. I should receive my "Mommy of the Year" award any day along with Leigh Anne who took one for the team and rode all the "higher" rides with the girls!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a blast! We never stopped laughing. Thank goodness you took these pictures. xoxoxo, LA

Football and Fried Rice said...

Jealous about the IKEA trip. Tell me, WHY does Denver NOT have an IKEA? Why? Mile High City, no IKEA. Bums me out - big time!!

I would have to have a friend like Leigh Anne too; not gonna happen....