Thursday, August 14, 2008

Why does my car smell like old milk and feet?

Monday morning I got in the car giddy with excitement because school was starting back. Mary Austin is in 4K and has to be there by 8:30 am so I was going to be free for quite a while. I open the door and it hit us like a ton of bricks.
WHAT IS THAT SMELL???!??!!
Noses were held all the way to school. There was some dramatic gagging and lots of giggles and "phew-weeing". There was even some "Jane, what did you do in your pants?" But I knew it was not Jane, because she is now in BIG GIRL PANTIES!! (that is another post).
The smell could only be described as really really really bad old milk and really really sweaty, stinky feet. So bad that I spritzed the princesses and their clothes with spray sunscreen before walking into school least the smell has seeped into their clothes.
Today, after searching in vain through the hoards of other crap I found the source.
A BOTTLE.
A bottle filled with a SOLID BLACK MASS that was starting to liquefy.
Let me remind you that Jane Harris is turning 3 on the 22nd.
She quite taking a bottle at like 13 months.
Have you done that math yet?
That bottle was TWENTY THREE months old. Perhaps even older - 23 months is the minimum. In fact, if my feeble mind remembers correctly she was only taking a bottle at night and occasionally in the am at the very end of her weaning from the bottle.
ACK, ACK and double ACK.
It is now encased in Tupperware and double bagged and is somewhere in a landfill.
While I know that was not the most environmentally sound way to dispose of it, I am sure that the garbage men appreciate it.
So that is my story. And imagine my delight when I stumbled upon this contest on Whiskey in my Sippy Cup out there in blogland. I REALLY need that Febreeze because even after a good dose of Lysol you can still smell the old milk and feet only now it has a "linen fresh" aftertaste.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mystery solved! Race to the full service carwash and select your favorite scent. Even your cheap sister springs for those a few times a year. I am scared to ask if the bottle leaked at all. xoxoxo, LA

Football and Fried Rice said...

EEWWW!!!! Wowza :)

One time (8 years ago) when our oldest was a baby - my husband had a little pick up truck and just ONE DAY, it started reeking (like, have you wondered WHY the bottle waited 13 months to stink?)My husband SWORE I hid a dirty diaper in there (I can b a little vindictive!) but I DIDN'T!! And it was a tiny truck..nothing to be found!! About a week of reeking, he TRADED it in, it was so bad!!

We still laugh about it to this day, feling sorry for the por fella that bought that smelly truck!

Kristin said...

Eww, yuck! Not a fun way to start the day!!! How did MA enjoy her first day of Pre-K4?

Jill said...

That is nasty! I can tell you that you are definitely a contender! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww